Fort Collins Preschool is a unique parent-involved preschool where families work together in a professionally guided preschool program, and parents participate in their children’s early education. With the training and guidance of our skilled and experienced teachers, parents participate in the classroom about twice a month. Parents share their talents and skills in the classroom, creating a reassuring, warm and fun learning environment.
The mission of Fort Collins Preschool is to provide a supportive and loving first group learning experience. Fun, stimulating activities encourage social growth and enhance cognitive, perceptual and motor skills. Activities at the preschool are designed to meet the developmental needs of each child and offer the child choices in creative use of materials and time spent at each activity.
Parent education is a secondary mission of Fort Collins Preschool. Some of this education takes place directly: invited speakers, a parent library, a monthly newsletter. But much adult learning takes place indirectly, by virtue of being in the classroom under the guidance a trained preschool educator. Positive parenting skills are modeled and reinforced. We have found our preschool a learning experience for children and parents alike. In addition, strong friendships between families in the preschool often flourish and provide the additional support so necessary to parents raising young children.
- To provide opportunities for children to engage in activities that will encourage the development of social, cognitive, perceptual and motor skills.
- For children to be provided with the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to work in a group environment.
- For children and parents to recognize the importance of education and the value of working together with other families.
- For parents to gain new insights into how children grow and learn.
- For parents to accept their child at each stage of development and to help the child grow and develop positively at the child’s own pace.
- To provide educational and social-emotional support for families with young children.